Thursday, June 5, 2008

Awakening

Finally, after many years, Tim is blogging once more! =D

In case you didn't know, I used to blog back in secondary school, but then decided to give myself a long 'sabbatical' from blogging. 2 main reasons: To concentrate on my PMR & SPM exams, and the fact that DotA was the "in" thing at that time (now it's not as hot as compared to a few years back) Go figure! =>

Newae, the reason why I'm blogging again is to let all my friends out there know that YES, I still exist! Nah, I'm joking, that's not the reason. :P But seriously, this blog's purpose is simply to voice out what's on my mind, and I also hope that it will be a motivational tool for all those out there who are also going through what I, a normal Christian young adult in my early 20s studying medicine in university, face on a day-to-day basis. Of course, I'll put in pics here and there where appropriate. Oh and I'll also quote names in my posts for those of you that like to see your name during your blog-surfing escapades. Last but not least, comments would be greatly appreciated! =>

Every blog post has a central idea or theme. This time, I'd like to dedicate this post to my PCL group, PCL Group A (for those of you who don't know, PCL = Patient-Centred Learning). For the last 3 or more months, I've been grouped together with these wonderful people: Sarah, Adnan, Rebecca, Yvonne, Grace Tong, Terence, Yin Qian, Jacinta and Chia Yin in what has been a memorable and unforgettable first semester. We learned a lot together, cracked jokes about each other and most importantly, got to know each other better :) They say, you'll always cherish your first PCL group the most... I say, they're right. *winks*

Below are some group pics of our PCL group:


We were champions for the inter-group telematch competition during Transition Camp 2008!

Don't ask how much the Year 2s paid us to take this picture!

One of the earliest group pics we took.


Watching a PCL mate conduct a medical interview.


A few PCL mates with our beloved PCL tutor, Dr K. Amudha. We'll miss you, Dr. Amu!!


Until now, I'm still uncertain about what Yvonne was trying to do. =P

This is one awesome shot!!

During Beach Wear theme day

And the final picture, which a few of you might find rather disturbing, is juz a few scrolls below... However, due to unsuitable mature content, those below the age of 18 are required to get their parent's consent. Disclaimer: You have been warned! View at your own risk!

!

!!

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!

!!!

!!

!

*drums rolling*


Ahem... No comments guys. =D (Juz for laughs, no pun intended yeah!)

I don't know bout u, but if there's something I learnt as a university student, it's that things aren't always as they seem. For confidentiality's sake, I shall not elaborate any further. *zips mouth shut* :) Bottom line is, nobody's perfect. As the people of God, we are not exempted from facing trials & temptations, and nobody said being a Christian was going to be easy. But we know one thing is for sure... God is always there when you call upon His name or cry out to Him, that's His promise in the Bible. Juz like to leave you with the following quote:

In every desert of trial, God has an oasis of comfort.


~Tim~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, why put the picture of us in medical interview? i look so ugly la with the junk food in my mouth.. :p

Tim said...

I did not do it on purpose... I put it in to remind our group members about the memories we shared, both good and bad, candid and prepared. Besides, inner beauty is what matters more, my friend =D

Anonymous said...

oh thanks for this post tim. i'll really miss group A la :) but i'm looking forward to more happy days with u guys :)and ccy, u look damn cute okk!! :)