Tuesday, July 1, 2008

MONASH CF CAMP 2008

As you can see from the post title above, this post will be dedicated entirely to the Monash Christian Fellowship Camp 2008, which was held from the 28th to the 30th of June 2008 at Seminari Theoloji Malaysia or STM. 6 medical students (me, Rachel, Grace, Sarah, Jun Yet & Nick) along with about 35+ students from other faculties attended this camp.
The Monash CF Camp is an annual CF event, and anyone from Monash Uni Malaysia, whether Christian or non-Christian, is allowed to participate in it. This camp was our first CF camp, and what's great is that the 6 of us (medical students) could actually go for it together. This year, we had the honour of having three pastors to minister God's Word to us. There was a 'pastor couple', Pastor Victor & his wife, Pastor Kelly; and the other was a campus pastor, Pastor Lindy. The theme of this year's CF Camp was "Renovation of the Heart", and it's focus was to get its campers to spend time reevaluating, renovating and redirecting their individual lives. There were 4 bible study sessions spread out over the 3 days of camp. The food at STM was not too bad either, and believe it or not, we actually had 5 meals on the second day: breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper!! I will not go into too many details, but I want to commend the planning committee behind this camp for doing a great job. You guys rawk!
This camp stimulated my mind to think critically about a lot about many things: my life, my purpose, my direction, the people around me/relationships with friends & family, our roles in society, my walk with God, etc. Of course, I won't share everything here, but what I will do is share some of the thoughts that I gathered from this camp, and hopefully it will benefit those who read them:
1. We are a young and energetic generation. We are God's children. We are chosen to be a blessing to the people around us, to make a DIFFERENCE in our fallen world.
2. Seek to give God the glory in all that we do, and know the motives behind every action.
3. Some dreams are meant to be broken, to realise God's plan for our lives. Sometimes, it is a message from God telling us that we are too stubborn and not adhering to his purpose for our lives.
4. When we graduate from university, we will receive TWO certificates: one is from our uni (Monash), the other is from God.
5. Last but not least, once you learn how to die, you'll learn how to live.
Oh and of course, let's not forget that Monashians juz love the camera! There were probably about 10+ digital cameras altogether that were used at the camp. Newae, I've added some of the many pictures that were taken by those cameras for all those that don't have access to the Facebook accounts of the Monashians who went for the camp and uploaded their pics. Unfortunately, it is a biased photo exhibition as it mainly involves me & my meddies. :D
FYI: None of them are from my digicam, as mine was stolen some time ago, and YES, I will DEFINITELY get a good new camera soon.. be it in the form of the iPhone camera or a new digicam (hopefully SLR :p) Aite, I'll let the pics below and their captions do the talking :)
ON THE BUS TO STM:
Sarah & Grace

Jun Yet & Nick

Rachel, lookin' cool, & me
AT STM (from Nick's cam):
The 3 girls




Top & bottom: Grace, JY & I in deep conversation


Sarah frowning, Grace sleeping :)

We meddies take pics whenever & wherever
AT STM (from Victor, my room-mate's cam):

Doing some morning exercises: stretch (or tear) your muscles

Top & bottom: During Dynamite (talentime competition)

The guys: Playing BASKETBALL

The girls: Playing SEE-SAW

This game was really fun & funny, trust me!

Grace, Richard and Melissa during an interview session

Top & bottom: Create-an-Altar

Praying for Rachel

Rachel praying for Joshua

My first and only 'push-up tai-ti' game which I won hands-down (juz look at my cards, 3 Kings & 3 Aces), resulting in the penalty of push-ups for the other 3 competitors based on the number of remaining cards left in their hands on a 1:1 ratio. After that, I taught them how to play 'bridge'. =)

Pastor Lindy with my room-mate, Victor

Liang with Pastor Victor

Receiving the group awards for 2nd place from Pastor Kelly
GROUP PHOTOS:



Grace's group, Jai

Group Corazon

Jun Yet & Sarah's group, Herz

My group & Rachel's as well, Xing
p.s. Nick, I couldn't get a picture of your group, did your group take any?
BACK IN MONASH:

Li Wen with the meddies

Victor with the meddies


Abel & Meng Huay

Top & bottom: Both pictures have my Guardian Angel a.k.a. GA, Peter. Thx 4 praying 4 me and everything else, bro! Really appreciate it! Haha, love the expressions on your face! Any chance it is your signature facial expression?? =>

And finally, last but not least, the 3 guys =D

Yeah, that's about it for this camp. I'd like to take this opportunity to shoutout a big THANK YOU to all those ppl who made it possible! And to Sarah, Grace, Rachel, Nick, Jun Yet, thx 4 being the best friends in med school ever! It was great getting to know you all better! If I ever said or did anything I shouldn't have said or done, I take it back and I sincerely apologise. Hope that all of you had a great time as well. Looking forward to the next 4.5 years in med school with all of you!

Juz like to end this post with a quote that Pastor Victor mentioned which struck me:

"One life and it will soon pass, only what is done for Christ will last."
With Love, ~Tim~

No comments: