Saturday, April 30, 2011

6 Months Later... and a Year Older

Time changes everything. It's free, but it's also priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back.

Yes, I am finally back to pen down something on my now 'rusty' blog (in the metaphorical sense of course). How're all of you who have so faithfully returned repeatedly over the past 6 months to see if Yours Truly has put up some new post? I sincerely hope that all's well with you who are reading this, and if you share the same faith as I do, may the Lord do a good work in your life today! xD

This hiatus of half-a-year has given me time to reflect about the past year, about what I would resolve to change this year; as I experienced a major wake-up call, something I did not expect, something that made me realise how much I needed to get my life back into perspective. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and the past 6 months have given me time; time to reason, time to think, time to believe, time to mature, time to care, time to fellowship, time to pray, and most importantly, time to love. Also, there's just so much to thank God for, but that'll be for another post-to-come.

More significantly, as I'm writing all this down, I know that for better or for worse, I turned a year older 1 hour ago. My birthday wish this year is somewhat similar to what Solomon asked from God: a wise and discerning heart (1 Kings 3).

As I turned 23, I recalled something related to age (something medically relevant as well) that I read a while back, that might interest some of my more medically-inclined readers: the enigmatic but awe-inspiring story of Brooke Greenberg. Just like any other toddler, she likes to giggle and crawl around. She's 76 cm (30 inches) tall and weighs about 7 kg (16 pounds), but Brooke was born in 1993. At 18 years old, she's still trapped in the body of a 1-year-old due to a rare condition called Syndrome X (and no, it's not the Metabolic Syndrome that some of you know so well!). A doctor observed, "Her cellular age does not match her actual age." Some people believe that she's the world's first "immortal". It is really a medical mystery of this century!

I just ended my Paediatrics posting, and will begin my Obs & Gynae posting next week! Really enjoyed my Paeds posting thoroughly and no doubt am gonna miss it! I'm also blessed to have awesome subgroup mates! =D Cheers D,V,S & YP!

Yeah, so folks, this is Yours Truly once more, hopefully with more things to add to my blog in the coming weeks! Till then, take care y'all & God bless!! =D

*listening to City Harvest's God of My Forever*

~Tim~

No comments: