Friday, August 29, 2008

Heaven

Finally, I'm posting again!! As my blog faithful would know, the lack of posts on my blog over the last two weeks (sigh, it has been that long huh?) has been due to the fact that I was BUSY BUSY BUSY studying for my mid-sem exam which I juz sat for 2 days ago. Yeah, I know I could have updated earlier, but betta late than never right? :P Anyway, I promise you that this post is going to be a feast for the eyes (yes, I know some of you are scrolling down already! :D), and my "post-exam post" is not going to be mainly about pictures with people (unlike Terence's) or as short as Jun Yet's LOL! :)

Newae, I know most of you would have come across the question: "What would you do if you won a million dollars?" before. There's the typical "saint" answers like "Oh, I would donate it to the poor!" or "I would sponsor a campaign or fund an organisation that stands for good works!" etc. Still, more "honest" ones would admit that they would use it for themselves or people close to their hearts. Whatever your choice, chances are, how often would one actually win such a large amount of cash?

Personally, if I ever get hold of one million dollars (or Ringgit after conversion ;P), I would decide to travel the world. Most of my life has been spent in Malaysia, a tropical country where it's humid all the time; where food lovers all around the world come to taste juicy cuisines and savour the results of fine culinary skills that make this country a gastronomic heaven; where we are renowned to have the tallest twin towers in the world; and where the political scene is but the butt of jokes worldwide. Ahh.. Malaysia! Malaysia! 20 years I have spent on Malaysian soil, how long more will it be before I get my opportunity to roam the world?

There's a whole world to see, feel and experience out there. From Paris, the city of love; to the vast urban jungle of the Big Apple (NYC); and there's the crisp and fresh air of the mountainous Swiss Alps. Then there's the global city of entertainment: Las Vegas; the luscious savannas of the African continent; and the beautiful reefs of Australia's waters. I could go on about everything I feel like doing that's within my somewhat vast knowledge of Geography... but what's the point? It's something I can juz dream about right now. Maybe someday my dream will come true, and if it is according to God's plan, I'll fulfill it with a special someone.

In the meantime, I can juz look at beautiful photographs of urban jungles all around the globe and admire the amazing concrete and metallic works of man's hands, and the magnificent lighting that usually encompasses them. Thus, I've included some pics of my favourite and most beautiful cities in the world for your viewing pleasure:



















And presenting, last but not least, Kuala Lumpur!


Oops!! Sorry, nothing to see... TNB cut off the power supply!! :D

But you know what, the city of Heaven is greater and far more superior than any city than any man can ever build. Even the most advanced and modern cities face many problems. Pollution (at least thermal and sound), crime, health problems, and decreasing area of land for development are juz some of these problems.

On the other hand, the Bible in Revelation 21:1-4 says that Heaven (the Holy City of God) is a city of NO PROBLEMS: No death, sorrow, crying or pain! Scholars have visualised Heaven as a city where the streets are made of gold! Best of all is that we will finally get to see our Father who will dwell amongst all who are chosen to be saved in the name of Jesus Christ, who died on the Cross for a purpose: to save all mankind from the grip of sin. Oh, and admission into Heaven is a gift from God to men. In other words, it's free! You don't have to win a million bucks to get there. All you have to do is pray and accept the Lord Jesus Christ into your life and live according to what He says in the Bible.

Unfortunately for some, they will never see the beautiful city of Heaven. The Bible says that death awaits those who do not believe in Christ, our Saviour King. John 8:51 says, "I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

For those who know me and wanna find out more about what is stated above regarding Heaven and issues pertaining to it, feel free to drop me a message so that I can liaison with you, if possible (I'm in KL now). Oh and FYI I'm joining the Evangelism Explosion or EE, a global movement that aims to fulfill the Great Commission. This is going to be a leap of faith for me too as it not only requires a passion to serve others through evangelism, but it's going to require commitment and time for a good 13 weeks or so!

Yeah, I guess that's all I'm gonna write for this post-exam post of mine. For those that wanna know, my exam went alright, and I found the questions easier than the ones I sat for during the mid-year (probably because I didn't blog since I started my proper revision LOL!). However, I'm glad the Lord saw me through the 1st sem, and I know He'll see me through the rest of the year! :)

~Tim~

No comments: